Anyone else hate school skate night?

It's always a week day from\m like 6-8 so your kid is tired for school the next day you kids begs for pizza, it's loud, They end up playing song the kids shouldn't even know... My kid wants to go next week... Anyone else hate it?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We NEVER went because I HATE the crowded floor, the music, the over priced food etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sorry, but I love it!!! He knows ahead of time he's not getting food or soda- we just go to skate and have a good time.

Try to set some boundries before you go and just enjoy yourselves!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• At my son's junior high we have "Lock in at Mulligan's". It's the local mini-golf, go-kart, arcade place here in town. Parents drop the kids off around 6pm then they are literally locked in until parents get them at 10pm. It's a flat fee of like $15 or $20 for a mini pizza and unlimited attractions. Totally non stressful for the parents and fun for the kids that otherwise don't get to go places like that without a guardian.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Don't hate, we just don't participate.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No. My daughter loves it and always has a great time. What's wrong with that?
    jess_buckley

Answer by jess_buckley at 5:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I didn't care for it when I was a kid. My children don't seemed interested , but if they were I would go. I would just tell them how the night was going to go beforehand. ( no junk food, what time we were staying until, etc..)
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Our school skate night is so crowded that they divide the time into age groups and someone ALWAYS breaks either an arm or a leg that night.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010