im tired of repeating myself 2......

well, i have read all comments. some where negative, well, then again i did not write much. i do go through with the punishments i give them. also I'm tired of spanking them. i have 2 kids. boy 4 girl 7. THE DOG DIAMOND, SHE CAN BE LAYING DOWN PLAYING WITH HER TOY OR EATING HER BONE OR SLEEPING. THE KIDS COME TO HER TRY TO SIT ON HER.( kids weight b 32 g 35) DIMOND TELLS ME WHEN SHE IS BEING BOTHERED SHE COMES TO ME AND STARTS BARKING AND GOING BACK AND FORTH. I GO PUT DIOMAND IM MY ROOM OR IN THE BATHROOM AND DEPENDING ON THE WAETHER SHE WILL BE OUTSIDE ALL DAY TILL ITS TIME FOR BED. DIAMOND IS ONLY A YEAR OLD, SINCE THEN I STILL REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

reina77

Asked by reina77 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Put the kids in their rooms and let the dog run free. Why punish the dog?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• are you saying that you can not get the kids to leave the dog alone??
    if i am reading it right
    i have had this issue

i have grounded my step daughter from the cat
    she was NOT ALLOWED to touch the cat for a week
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree. Tell your children they are not allowed to touch the animal for a certain period of time. If they do they will get X punishment. If they still refuse to harrass the dog, they will have their favorite things taken away.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Along with what the PP have said, I would also not wait for the 'dog to tell you' when they are bothering her. Catch the kids in the act that way the punishment is immediate and they don't have time to forget exactly why they are being punished.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i answered the other one, and i still feel the same! GL! Dont worry about negative nancy's...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i did NOT see other one
    so i may have not understood the question
    i did notice the all CAPITALS so i am assuming something else is going on

if it is the kids mistreating the pet
    ground them from the pet

it helped some in my house
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When I had animals with my ex and his two older daughters... and my son before I had my other three children I would ask them if they would like it if someone came and did it to them. I would put my hands in there face and when they moved or pushed my hand away I would repeat it till the got upset and say now you see you don't like it what makes you think the dog dose? Eventually they stopped bothering the dogs and gave them their space. Mind you at this time I was only a teenager and this may have not been the right way to do it but I have to do it still occasionally to get them to leave each other alone.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2010