Breast Augmentation

Have you had it done? How long was your recovery? Do you still have sensation in your nipples? If you've had children afterwards, did that change the effect?

I am considering having my breasts done, but only know 2 people that have had it done, and I want to get as much information as possible. I know one person has "rippling" from losing weight after having them done. I don't want to have surgery and then not have them look good, so I want to make sure I do it at the right time. Any and all information is helpful.

Oh, and if you do not believe in breast implants, that's fine, we all have our opinions. But you won't change my mind with your opinion of them. I am looking for facts regarding the procedure and effects.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have 2 friends that have them. 1 likes them and has no issues with them...her healing time was about 2 weeks
    the 2nd took a little longer to heal and they are lopsided. 1 didn't settle and her plan didn't cover fixing them.

both were inserted under the muscle so it doesn't matter when they loose weight.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have them before I had kids. I had them done on a Wednesday and was back at work on Monday. I had a really great surgeon. I went one cup size larger and had them put under the muscle. I did not lose any sensation in my nipples but I also had my incision done under the breast. My only regret is not waiting to do them until after having children because of how freakin' enormous they got while I was breastfeeding. Seriously, it was ridiculous! But after I stopped they went back to normal.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• This site:  http://justbreastimplants.com/forum/ was a life saver when I was doing my research.  There's no question you can't ask, and always someone that can answer it.

Mine are a little over a year old.  LOVE 'EM!!!  I was a bit of a slow recoverer.  Took me about a week to get to 'good', and a full six weeks to be back to 100%.

Rippling happens when you don't have enough breast tissue to cover the implant.  I started out a B cup, got 475ccs(a large-ish implant) and have zero rippling.

I waited until I was done having kids to get mine.  Pregnancy/nursing often leads to needing a redo and I didn't want to take the chance.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I haven't had it done, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i havent had one but if you need it then do it.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have them and I say do TONS of research before you commit. I agree that justbreastimplants.com is a good forum to visit. breastimplants411.com is another forum you can go too that is pro implant and there are many girls on there who are supportive and you can find a ton of info on there,ask all the ?s you need to and find a surgeon in your area.After so many post,(and they verify you are female,you can also have access to a gallery to check out pics,which is VERY helpful). I have a small amount of rippling with my salines,and they are unders,but you cant see it,I can only feel it. My DH cant see or feel it. You can have complications;any surgery can have complications,just so you are aware,but not so much that you worry about it. You can learn so much more on the forums. GOOD LUCK!!
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010