My daughter steals..

I have NO idea why she does it but I've caught her doing it 3 times. Stealing money from mine, my moms and my best friend's purse. I'm a single mom and we don't have a babysitter or anyone else who takes care of her so it's not like a role model is doing it.
And schools are closed right now so it's not a new friend either.. She's with me all the time.

She has a good allowence for her age ($12/week) and she has everything she needs.

When I asked her why she said "the purse was there and I couldn't help it"

She's 8.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Some people do that while realising it's wrong but they can't help it. I say talk to her dr. GL
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• maybe she has an impulse control disorder. I know that a lot of ADHD kids take things because they literally can't help themselves.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• She can help it. Maybe take away her allowance away for a bit and have her earn by doing more things around the house.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• that is a huge allowance. could there be too much of an emphasis on money? i agree with christine, maybe take away the allowance and have her help take care of the house because that is what household members do.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Keep money where she can't take it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Tat is a large allowance, i wouldn't give her more than $5 a week and shed have to earn every penny....bad behavior, stealing or not doing her chores and no dough
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my daughter did the same thing for like 3 years and kept sayin she never did it then would say she does not know why she did it i took everything away and made her pay for everything she took it just stopped out of no where but im always worried she will do it again
    Tinkerbell80

Answer by Tinkerbell80 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010