Does anyone else think that the government is "feeding us to the dogs" so to speak?

In other words, doesn't it seem like they're funding terrorism more than they are preventing it? Or sometimes it seems like they're praising it more than they are cursing it. I think it's ridiculous how much they kiss their asses rather than listen to their citizens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• in every way...
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• They could think that by being nice to them they're saving us all. In any case it's still a bad idea.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Winston Churchill said it best....

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• They are offering us, and our country, to the proverbial alligator hoping that it will get full before it gets to them.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• In a word, absolutely!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, I don't get the feeling the people in charge are bustin' their collective butts to stop anything. Did you know that The Department of Homeland Security has "de-funded" the United States Coast Guard to the point the Guard is laying people off. Coasties who have 18 years in (2 yrs from being able to draw retirement) are being refused re-enlistment and they are being given a DD214 and thanked for their service because there are no funds to pay them? The USCG is the military branch on the front line of securing our nation at a basic level. I know this because my son is in the USCG. Yes, if they aren't conscientiously helping the terrorist then their stupidity is.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Absolutely.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sometimes honestly yes. This Mosque thing is ridiculous. Just because it isnt illegal doesnt mean you should do it. Its called having respect and class. Over the last year or so, I have been seriously worried about how our government is acting. My husband is in the army and after seeing how politically correct it has gotten it is unbelieveable. Women want to be treated special, hello ou are in the army, and the EO stuff has gotten to the point that you lose some of the bonding and commaderie of the service.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 8:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010