Excercising when pregnant

I love to jog, horseride and do basic aerobic excercises to keep fit and keep my chest clear (Have a bad chest) and I'm now 15 wks 4 days pregnant.

What is safe to do? and for how long? I dont feel like I overdo it...but have had such mixed advice about staying active that im just confused!

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 5:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is safe to do the current exercises that you have been doing up to this point. doc will warn you to not get any more strenuous or add additional exercise on. You will know when you need to slow down a little.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I highly suggest yoga and swimming for exercise during pregnancy. They're low impact and make you feel great. Plus swimming and many yoga moves are helpful in getting baby in a good position to birth.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You shouldn't take on any major new, strenuous exercise whilst pregnant but doing new gentle stuff like yoga and swimming are great for during pregnancy. You may want to ease up on certain exercises that you already do for your own peace of mind, save you worrying. Because your body is already used to the exercise you do, and assuming you have kept it all up during the past 15wks then it should be fine for baby. I wouldn't stop unless you feel unable to do it or doc says slow down :) Healthier than me lady!! x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 10:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010