Serious question.. (About headaches & aneurysms)

I have been getting daily serious headaches. Theyre horrible. Ive been having them for years, but some days arent as bad as others, but nearly everyday I have headaches. Now, my question is.. Are brain aneurysms hereditary? My Father had a double brain aneurysm about 8 years ago, and they found it just in time. They said had it gone undetected for another month he would have died. I know prior to finding this out he also used to get severe headaches but had medication to help with it. Im not on medication and havent gone to the doctors about the issue... Even though I know I probably should, Im weird about going to the doctors.. Ive been taking regular meds, like aleve or tylenol, but they only help for about an hour at a time.. Im just wondering if this could possibly be something that got passed on to me? I am only 22 years old.. Any advice is very helpful. Thank you all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• From a website..............The recommendation regarding screening for aneurysms is that if two or more first degree relatives have an aneurysm, one should be screened.

I'd play it safe, have a checkup, and ask tons of questions.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Im not sure so Bump
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 6:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I get frequent migraines also, really the only way to know for sure would be through MRI testing. CT scans can also be helpful in diagnosing. Typically for females at your age Migrainesare common but there is no way to know for sure.  Every time I have one, which is almost everyday, because of the weather, I also worry about aneurysm.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010