If you have more than one child, do you find it difficult to get people to watch them when you need it?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 6:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try impossible... though I willingly babysit for friends with multiple children.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yes! I have # 5 on the way, and i usually have to split them up between friends..LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• oh my, i have 5 kids. i only ask the grandparents to watch them, and even then i don't ask often, and they don't get the baby either!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I only have two and my mom is afraid of watching them both at the same time. Even though she raised three kids. So I think she just doesn't want to.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, since we only ever enlist the babysitting services of my MIL or SIL who watches them maybe once every 2 months or so, it's not a problem--besides they are long past diapers and being dependent on adults to care for them...they literally just have to play with them and make sure they are safe.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Even my own mother says it's too exhausting to watch them! She'll do it but not often. Luckily my oldest is 13, almost 14, so I let him watch the 2 younger ones a lot.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I only have ONE friend who will watch all 3- and she has 3 of her own, all the same ages as my younger ones... Most people are afraid of watching that many at once.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My mother is the only one that watches my kids and she hardly ever watches them all together. Nobody else has ever watched them.....kinda sucks that I can't find a regular babysitter for them but then I don't go anywhere without them anyway.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 6:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, I have people willing to babysit, but I hate to ask because they all already have multiples themselves under the age of 5, and both of mine are under the age of 5, so I hate to ask unless I just have to. No family is close enough to, and half of them probably wouldn't even if they were.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I never had babysitters- if I went somewhere I had to take the kids too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010