Who likes their mother in law!?

can't stand mine, now she expects to move and for us to take over her house and make payment on 2 places with one income HAHA you're funny! I don't mind taking her house over because it's a house not a trailer and it has more room! Now, she's constantly in our business you should do this and that, but never does anything for her own life. A walking contradiction! Give My DH and I the love dare for Christmas to help us, but can't get along with the man she's dating he moved out and they're not going to live together til they get married. does that make sense to you?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I have two mil. Both have their problems. One wants to stay out of our lives and our kids hardely know that side of the family. Then the other one got mad awhile back because she asked if my boy could go stay with them for a week while they worked. I said I did not see why not but I would need to talk to his father. My dh knows that the fil and mil don't have the best ability to pick out the best people and so he said he wanted to talk to them about who the boy would be with. They got in a huff and would not talk to us for about a month. They are kind of talking to us now but we are like well this is our family and we are happy with our desicions and so we don't care what people think of us.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• mine is ok, could be better or it could be worse.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Is this a trick question? LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, just an honest do you or don't you like you MIL. If not why, If so any tips?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• over the last few years i have grown to love my mil. we were rocky in the beginning because she didn't like my lifestyle and beliefs but now that we have gotten to know each other it's a good friendship
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yea, proud for you natasha! Her and I can get along, but i think secretly we hate each other. She hates me because i gave him a place to stay when she kicked him out(we weren't even dating then!), so she hated the fact that he didn't have to rely on her. Then even more so because i married him, well you took him away from me.. more like he ran from her to me.. And now, because she is realizing that he "belongs" (in her mind) to someone else and he can tell her to f*** off when ever he pleases and it's, of course, all my fault!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• tichelle! OMG YES! My mil (no fil), has a huge dog that on a number of occasion has growled and tried to bite my daughter! Now why wouldn't I want her to go over there right? We visited 2 days ago and the first words out of my MIL's mouth WHY ARE THE DOGS DOWNSTAIRS!? that's a duh answer to me, but he almost got my DD once and my husband kicked the dog for it so he couldn't get her, what father wouldn't do that!? She was pissed! you don't treat a dog like that. Right? like i'm going to say bad doggie now, you know you shouldn't do that, you need to go down stairs and we'll give you an opportunity next time. MY DH was bit as a child and she lied to her dad about it b/c she didn't want the dog put down, and if your son lost an eye you stupid woman, or killed your son, did he fall out of a tree and have it happen, or would you kill the dog then? OOOPS little too late moron!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I also have two.
    I don't like one, but smile and nod when she talks to me, because she doesn't hear and listen when I try to talk.
    My hubbies step mom is bit OFF, but I talk to her. Only at family functions though. My husband has a lot of issues with her from growing up with her.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I loved my current yet now deceased MIL she never said anything gave advice when asked, my former MIL was not very nice and was always trying to get into our business.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010