I'm addicted to saving money!!!

I just came to the realization that I'm addicted to saving money! I'm so addicted that I won't join the grocery games website because I don't want to pay money to save money. And I get mad when I go to grab my Sunday newspaper and it's been stolen or not delivered.

I know I'm not alone. So what are you other saving addicts best tips? Have you gotten any great deals lately? I'm so addicted to saving that when I get a good deal I want to tell everyone about it lol. Sometimes when I buy gifts and get good deals I want to tell people how good of a deal I got lol. So I know you want to tell me your good deals lol.

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• DO you use online coupons...I like www.couponcabin.com! Sometimes there are unadvertised specials! I also sign up for "savings clubs" just to get free shipping or a discount for a few weeks, and then cancel before the subscription fee is applied! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I use some, but I've never heard of couponcabin.com awesome! I do that lol or I sign up to get stupid newsletters and stuff just for the coupon every once in awhile lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We shop at Aldis. I fill a cart and it'll cost me $100-$140 at most, and the stuff usually lasts 2 weeks or more. When my cable bill goes up, I call the company and get a new promotion. I unplug the microwave, coffee maker, I used to shut off the power to the cable, but now we have DVR. I put my mom on our family plan for our cell phones, so she pays the bill every third month. I keep the heat at 65 degrees in the winter and don't use AC unless we REALLY need it. I wash most everything in cold water. We have energy saver light bulbs.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I use coupons, watch the ads and buy things that are on sale, make a menu plan and stick to it, wash in cold water, energy saving light bulbs, hang things to dry, etc.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 7:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ebay is the way to go for school clothes. You can get a brand new pair of jeans for half the price as the stores. I also grocery shop on double coupon days (only if the price is worth it, walmart can usually beat it anyway). At christmas i use bizrate.com or pricegrabber.com to find the cheapest price on items. Slickdeals.net is another useful one to find things on sale. I agree with you about bragging. I love to say that i found a $50 shirt for $9.99!! I always say, i will be a millionaire when i retire because i am so cheap!!
    lybra975

Answer by lybra975 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I unplug things when not in use just to save 40/month on electric bill. I get mad when my electric bill hits $65.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• LOL! I am glad I am not alone. I buy all home goods at Ross, TJMaxx, Marshalls. At dept stores I only by Floor Model or Clearance. Many companies have online clearance too so what you get is brand new and not 'clearance beat-up'. People always compliment our house thinking I paid more for something. The trick is to go often and be picky.

I buy sale items in bulk and stock up. I never pay full price for food (not even meat).
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 8:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I found that the target by me will seriously discount meat at night before it expires and I'll buy as much as I have room for in the freezer. I got 8lbs of sirloin for $8 lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That is a good addiction to have
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'm all about cheap or free entertainment-
    Redbox with a promo code
    Picnics
    Trips to the park
    Walking to the library to borrow a DVD and/or a good book.

Gotta love it :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2010