do all dogs go to heaven?

so where do animals go when they die? would they go to heaven if there is a heaven? and what if they were bad?? Like peeing on furniture all the time or bit little children would they go to hell?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My belief is that their body rejoins the earth and their energy rejoins the universe- that's also what I think happens to people. I do love that Rainbow Bridge poem and recently read it to my kids when one of our guinea pigs died. They liked it a lot. My kids are sure that all pets (or at least all guinea pigs) go to heaven.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i thank heaven
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes I think they go to a place where they are happy and that we see them again.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honestly don't know at all. I also don't know at all what happens when anyone dies. But if there is some sort of idyllic afterlife, I think that animals (not JUST pets), have a brain/soul/lifeforce as much as humans do, and would be included in said afterlife. I don't think there are evil animals, just animals who have been treated badly or who are acting on wild instinct. Animals never hurt another animal or a person for enjoyment, punishment, or torture. They kill to eat or to defend themselves or territory.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I love this poem to describe where pets go when they die -

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    Ginger0104

• That's a good question. Well I like to think that all my pets that passed on, went to pet heaven.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think everyone, including pets and humans, just go wherever they are happiest. Except bad people, they are the servants to the good people.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'm gonna go against the flow here and say, no, I don't think they go to heaven or anywhere else. I believe people are the only ones who go to heaven or hell, and animals simply die.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• animals cant sin because they don't know the difference between good and evil we know the difference because Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit. because dogs didn't eat of the fruit they cannot sin so yes they all go to heaven even the ones who have bitten people because they don't know what they did was wrong

TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 7:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010