worried about dh getting too much money on his paycheck...

here's the thing, his company has been having some problems lately, cutting back alot and taking away sales bonuses and such. and he recently found out that the 'manager' who lives in AZ and telecommutes basically may just buy out the company and move everything to AZ but keep dh and his co-workers on as working from home/telecommuting. DH is trying to find a new job but there's not much out there right now. Anyways he just informed me a little bit ago that he got a check from the Boss/Owner of the company today for more then his hourly wage amount. plus payday isn't actually until friday and its usually a direct deposit. the owner didn't tell them anything just gave them the checks and asked em not to cash em until friday... i'm worried the company's going under and he's paying them extra now and might break the bad news to em later...what would u think is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hmmm that does sound fishy... I would have Hubby check to see what thats about. IT might be that their was problems with a past pay check too.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'd have the same gut reaction that you do. That the reason for the payout now is so that the company can't be declared unable to pay the employees before they get this check. However maybe it isn't. Let's hope not.

Answer by Bmat at 7:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• that does sound al ittle werid i would try to look into if you chould
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think your DH needs to get his resume in order and start looking for another job.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Put the extra money (and then some) aside, just in case! I would suggest he polish up his resume, and hit the pavement! Make sure too, he has of the bosses contact information--in case they just "close up shop" one night and walk away. He will need that info when applying for unemployment benefits.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thankfully he has been working on his resume and we've been looking for jobs, he needs to get his butt in gear and start applying but he hasn't yet... another thing that happened that has me worried is someone from the Labor Department showed up to talk with the Owner today... i knew it was only a matter of time before he got reported for bad business practices and such... according to dh is someone were to ever audit his cable business he'd probably be doing jail time :-/ but after 4years working there and having everything go downhill i guess we sorta knew this was coming... just still praying its not what we think it is :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think he needs to start heavily looking for a new job. That whole paycheck things sounds fishy.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honestly I would start looking for another job. If things are really scarse, he could try the military? Just a though. My husband went active duty army in communications. Best decision we made.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 8:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• start job hunting again
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• op --- i think you are right. sounds like shut up and go away money... save it and look for another job,
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:16 AM on Aug. 19, 2010