No Violin?

I knew that the new school year would include my daughter going into her second year of violing playing,I also know we've had all summer to get one. Problem is we get paid once darling husband anyways and my checks are miniscule so we have no money left over for anything. We have crap credit so we can't rent an instrument,and don't have family that can help. So I'm not sure what to do. I cant get a loan cause I dont have a checking account,and my boss doesn't have checks that the loan places will approve. She is going into the 7 th grade and is starting tuesday the 24th. So does anyone have some ideads I haven't looked at yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in

• Ask the school. I usually got my instruments through them (bought or rented). In high school the school had a couple of extras so I was able to use one 3 years for no cost.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Try Craigslist or Freecycle. You might find someone able to help there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sometimes the school is able to help- that's why I got stuck with trumpet in school. They may have "lender" instruments that students can use for free... worth a try! Also check pawn shops in your area... (or craigslist and freecycle)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was going to say freecycle... and don't just look at the listings, post a wanted ad, maybe someone has grandpas violin in their garage and wouldn't mind parting with it. Make an emotional appeal on your daughter's behalf.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, ask the school and check classifieds! Ask a smaller music store for something used and ask to make payments. They could be pretty understanding.
    jenl123

Answer by jenl123 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wish I still had mine, alas I already gave it to a family in need. The 2 girls were renting from the school and the school instruments were in bad condition. Since they both played violin, I gave them mine. I figured it's better to give to someone in need than to have it sit in my closet collecting dust.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i was also gonna say craigslist
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I would ask the school if there is any kind of local programs that loan instruments out.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Craigslist or Freecycle..you never know what you might find there.
    Also...can you contact the school or the board of education and ask them about programs that offer loaned violins or instruments for cheap? They may have th ebest resources available to you. Hope this helps.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

Next question in
School uniform or not?

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
hello