What would you do?

My mother in law comes barging into my DH and my home demanding that we get along with her bf Mark (that is hooked to drugs, is angry and breaks things constantly, they fight all of the time and he treats her like crap). Then goes on a tangent about how he treated her dog after he tried biting my DD. I am just wondering if you would have told her to get out, or if you would have watched your DH do it, or anything else you may have done about it!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I would of let my DH do it.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Depending on the past, I would let DH handle his mother. Then when she is gone, we would dicuss the future relationship with her.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Arghhh. She has some nerve. I think I might would have said if he wants me to be nice he has to be nice now MIL go hm.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• What if she always did this with other things, and even when we visited her. The first words from her mouth full of venom and hate and demands?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Btw what did you do?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Im too mouthy, I would have told her to get her A$$ out of my house. You dont have to get along with anyone that you dont want too. She cant make you. I take it this is something going on. She might be his mother, but what would he have done if it was YOUR mother.

As for the dog, I love animals but if it tried to bite my child *For NO reason* I think I would have killed it. but thats just me.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• lol, good answer Karrie! I was taking a nap when this all started happening, so first I went pee lol. They were in the hallway having a quiet discussion of that's enough, i'm not talking about it anymore, so by the time I was ready to say something it was done and she was more pissed than she was when she first got there!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• moose, she did nothing but walk near the dog..
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would have told her to leave. I would also limit time spent with her. Change the locks and lock the doors. She sounds unstable.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i would have told her to leave - if she weren't acting totally nuts i'd let the hubby handle it, but i REALLY don't like being ordered around, so that plus the other verbal abuse, she would have to go and i would not visit her and she would no longer be welcome in my home until she could act right. she chose that loser, it's not your job to like him or not... he is HER problem.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010