Will heaven be tangible?

If you believe in an afterlife, will it be a tangible world, like the earth, with physical laws or will it be a spiritual ethereal place of the mind? I ask because Jehovah's Witnesses (and other religions as well) interpret the Christian Bible to mean that the earth will be re-made for the majority of the good people (and maybe animals?) to live on. I'm just wondering how all of the people who ever lived and died would fit, even if you cut it down to just Christians or even just JWs.

Bellarose0212

Asked by Bellarose0212 at 7:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• personally speaking, the idea of just sitting in some green field looking at flowers sounds exceedingly dull to me after a very short while. As such if there is an afterlife it would have to be something WAAAAY different beyond our ability to really recognize at our current level of understanding.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Revelations speaks of a New Heaven and a New Earth, for the old earth will pass away. I would take that to mean it will be both, but I don't think it's going to happen at all.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i believe in reincarnation... sorry no help there huh :P i've never really studied afterlife in regards to various religions but it is something that facinates me!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Reincarnation would make more sense, I suppose, if it were coupled with an eventual afterlife... I suppose an enlightened one... because there would be only so many souls to occupy wherever.
    Bellarose0212

Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I hope it is tangible.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I believe it will be very tangible ...
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I believe it is very tangible. As to how we would all fit well that's simple. All things are possable with God :) see he is that great!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• This is a universe of Possibility. Could the Gods not create a tangible heaven big enough for everyone? Humans are limited by time and space, not Spirit. IMHO of course:)
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 1:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I think heaven will be different for each person. We all have different ideas so why wouldnt heaven be different for all of us?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:55 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• lol, the it will be different for everyone idea freaked me out as a child. I knew my idea of heaven was vastly different from my mothers. The things I would enjoy would be so far from the things she would enjoy. But I wanted to be with her, and other people that I loved after death. She explained that we would each be in each others heavens, or like, a representation of us. That was a very Matrix or Vanilla Sky type concept for me. I will have my heaven, like a program with all the things I want, and you will have a heaven, like a program of all the things you want and there will be fake representations of us within each others heaven? So, it will all be fake? Oh, I really hated that concept.
    Bellarose0212

Comment by Bellarose0212 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Aug. 25, 2010