I need a natural remedy for a clogged bathroom sink.

I don't want to buy the chemical stuff to put down the drain. Anybody have an environmentally friendly solution that will work just as well?

lvpenguino

Asked by lvpenguino at 7:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Baking soda and vinegar
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• baking soda, vinegar, and hot water. Just google how to do it!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Tear it apart! lol, that's what i did. but you can use a plunger! It actually DOES work! especially if there is water backed up! Anything acidic should do it though! If you don't have a plunger take a large empty bottle and make it into a plunger!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• unscrew the U bend pipe and see whats in there. Most likely its hair!!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I vote either a plunger or taking apart the sink. Or you can get a plumbing snake. Those are fantyabuolous!!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• omg, thank you so much for asking this question :D my sink is soooo slow. i never thought about using a plunger. of course i will buy a different one than i use for the toilet lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I just have to say the plunger usually works for me. ;) Plus I know we get a lot of hair stuck in our pipes so sometimes taking them apart works better. I've done boiling water before and that helped when my pipes were slow to drain. Good luck!
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 7:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• take a wire hanger and use it to hook the hair and pull it out. Regular routine here! lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We use vinegar and baking soda, let it fizz for about two minutes, plunge the hell out of it to pull the hair out, then run a tea kettle full of boiling water down it. Works great, lasts for about 2 months (we got alot of hair here).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Alka Selter will clear a clog if it's not too bad. I read about it somewhere and tried it and it worked. Just drop 2 or 3 tablets into the drain.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2010