My three year old just knocked the thirteen month old off the toy box while I was starting their bath.

baby has a lump and a purple spot on her temple... should I call the doc or run her somewhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At three your child should be old enough to understand what they did wrong. Try to explain to them that they hurt their baby, try to make them feel like the baby is theirs too. Then ask them would you like it if some one really big pushed you down and gave you an owie or hurt you however you may say it. Have them think about how they hurt their and your baby and that, that is not acceptable. Kiss and love-love that is what I am teaching my 15 moth old about my 3 week old love-love baby love-love your baby no owie cause if you keep say at any time my baby then they are going to feel separated make your three year old feel responsible for they baby :)
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Is she still crying? do some of her favorite songs & see how she reacts. If she's lethargic or falls asleep then she needs to go to er immediately. if just a bump & she's calm then watch her for signs of changes.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If doctors office is closed I would go to the er.
    tiny_21_2003

Answer by tiny_21_2003 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No just watch for vomiting and watch her if she goes to sleep. As long as the lump popped out and did not sink in she should be ok. If she vomits then go to the ER or call the doctor.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agreee, keep an eye on here and I hope you disciplined the older child....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• She stopped crying in a couple of minutes, and is sleepy, but that's normal, because it's her bed time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would keep an eye out through the night. If she is no longer crying...seems she could be okay. Love sibling rivalry?lol

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010