What breast pump did you use and if more than one what one did you like?

let me know what you liked and didnt like about your breast pump

lilbit85

Asked by lilbit85 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Medella electric pump. I hear the avent pumps are nice.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Avent Manual pump- pros: reasonably priced, easy to clean, no cords, no electric motor sounds, no needing to find an accessible outlet, comfortable, works during power outages, got three times MORE milk than the hospital grade electric cons: I have carpal tunnel so the repetitive movements caused some discomfort. need to use your hands so no talking on the phone.

Had an electric and I didn't like it. I could never find an outlet and when I did, sometimes the cord was too short to reach. it was alot of hassle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i have the lansinoh pump from walmart! i love it! its easy to clean and the storage bottles fit right to the pump! i EP so it has the right amount of suction for me! if u are nursing u might need a stronger one! best of all it was under $200!! 6 months later still works great and i havent had a problem!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Medela pump in style. dual electric and came with back up battery. loved the quickness of it. could adjust the pressure. I bought a nursing bra designed to hold the bottles so I was hands free. Very quiet and came from a company that only deals with breast pumping so they have devoted all their money to research unlike others (Playtex).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Medela pump in style dual electric. I LOVED IT. I also had a Evenflo hand pump that was horrible. More milk ran down my breast than into the bottle. I only used it a few times at Hokey games where an electric pump wasn't reasonable.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I used an electric from Medela and really liked it. I also had a manual pump from Avent (the Avent Isis?) which also worked wonderfully. For the first few weeks I used a Gerber manual pump, which worked well for the first 2 weeks or so, but then broke.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Medella electric pump! It was like 200 dollars, but soooo worth it :) GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2010