My husband treats his daughter like royalty and ignores me. I am so tired of it and dont know what to do anymore. Ive talked to him but it continues to happen.

jenni6971

Asked by jenni6971 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• You sounds jealous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It is his daughter. If your marriage isnt what you thought it would be perhaps you made a mistake. But this is his child he should treat her well.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• As long as you are also careful to treat her well, then it may be time for counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 8:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have 2 daughters and they are royalty imo and my hubbies opinion.. It was all about out children i am very proud of how he and i did with our girls. Our 18 year old is a sophmore in college and our 30 year old daughter is a senior in college.. Mommy & daddy time is so important do not be mad support it.. So many children do not have a male in there life your daughter is blessed and so are you. Creat your moments with your husband & your daughter.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sounds like you & Hubby need to talk... He should treat her well, but you too. It sounds like one you are either jealous or two you guys have problems that you need to face
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• How do you treat his dtr? Maybe you should join in onb their activites/time rather than waiting for him to cater to you. Just a suggestion.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You are the adult! You shouldn't be jealous of how he treats his daughter. If you digrades you in front of the daughter then there is a problem. But it's his daughter and he should treat her good.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• His daughter comes before you, HAND DOWN, no hesitation, that's just it. She is his daughter, if you don't have children you wouldn't understand. As a step mom, which is what I am assuming you are, you need to suck it up or try to be involved because trust me, you will be gone. It happens to so many women. JMO

And my dad didn't even do much with me, but I always came 1st, which is how it should be, and his wife would always seem jealous, well, he is now divorcing her.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• In the christian family a marriage comes first because that is the foundation, the children come second. Obviously this isnt a SUPPORT group, its a JUDGEMENT group. We have been in counseling and i DO have my own children which my husband treats like dirt and we do have a son together which he also treats differnetly when his daughter is here. My family has noticed it as well, maybe i am jealous BUT he made me that way.
    jenni6971

Comment by jenni6971 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Oh, and by the way im NOT saying he should treat his daughter bad, im saying he should be FAIR
    jenni6971

Comment by jenni6971 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010