Anyone else live in an area with no local police?

Our town got rid of their police force like 10 years ago because there was really no need for them. So now the next town over takes care of the few calls there are - beyond that it's just state cops. The town on the other side of me did the same thing... But when I tell people we don't have locals they think I'm nuts... Am I the only one?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• *raises hand* state police only here, and sometimes sheriff, depending on where the problem is.

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Not where we are now, but before all we had was the county sheriff's department and state troopers. If there was a wreck it took the state trooper forever to get there.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Where I grew up we didn't have local police and the closest RCMP detachment was in the next town.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We don't have local. The next town over is supposed to take care of us but they're pathetic. We have county sheriff deputies but they're rarely in town, unless called, and state troopers are never in town unless called.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010