Why do people think it is okay to discuss sex at work?

MakkarMom

Asked by MakkarMom at 8:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• LOL... oh boy oh boy the lawyers would LOVE you all... you would keep them making money for years. What it comes down to is that there are simply things that are inappropriate in a work setting. Discussing your sex life is a BIG one.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Why is it taboo? It's a natural act just like sneezing and pooping.

Just a thought.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• well actually it isnt ok. There are MANY lawsuits because of it.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Why not? Just ignore it if you don't like it...I don't see the big deal. No offense, just an opinion.
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 8:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• not everyone is offended by sex, some people like talking about it. there are many things that could get you into trouble at work, just talking about anything in general is stopping your job to do something you weren't told to do.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• All adults have sex in common, everyone can relate to it in some way or another. It's a conversation topic anyone can chime in on. (I work with a lot of men, and end up talking about sex frequently.)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Maybe they're proud of their sex life and want to share it with the people at their work place.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• maybe they are horny? or need tips for thier sex life? IDK alot of people do it but if you dont like to dont listen
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I dont know but it has happened to me everywhere I have worked so far...its a very uncomfortable subject for me to hear about at work
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i think it depends on your job and what you're talking about. i wouldn't be graphic or vulgar.... that's unprofessional. i would only discuss it with my friends, not with people who i only know as co-workers
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010