Can I get some tips on shopping for organic, natural, and vegan foods ?

Ugh I am going vegan and organic for health reasons but my goodness this stuff is expensive, I am building a pantry with organic sugar, flours ect , Does it get cheaper and does it pay off ? Help ?

gitanomadre

Asked by gitanomadre at 12:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• buying in bulk will help lessen the costs. i am converting mine slowly, using up the rest of what i already have, and so then when i need to buy more, i'll buy it organic. that way i'm not going out and buying tons of the staples at once.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 3:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It can be expensive. It is usually easier to go slowly...start buying as much fresh not processed stuff, then slowly switch to vegan/organic.

I agree with llansky, that buying in bulk helps a lot. Try to get your produce at the Farmer's Markets, where it is usually cheaper, and freeze what you can. Or, grow your own garden. :)
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 1:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008