Argh...is it labor?

iv been getting cramps between every 5 and 10 mins for the last 3 hours a shower and drinking didnt help at all, there really annoying and don't hurt any worse the period cramps. i called the dr she left it up to me to come in or wait it out. im waiting it out but they dont seem to let up. i havent lost my plug and my water never broke. could it be labor or just braxtion hicks. with my first baby i woke up in the middle of the night and they hurt like hell and were 3 mins apart right away. these seem to be staying around the same every 5 or 10 mins i get one.

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 8:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i went in the hospital every other day the last week i was pregnant, i was stuck 3cm the whole time. I wouldn't go in unless they get really bad, or you membranes rupture, because they will just send you home if not at 4cm. Is this a high risk if so you might want to go in
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You don't have to lose the plug or have your water break yet. Sounds like early labor though. The baby can be born in it's bag.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Possibly or it could be false labor. If it were me, and I know you are not me, I would go in. If they are contractions then i would see if they could help me make them stronger or stop them depending how far along you are. I will say this though with my third child it was as you describe. i went in and I was dialated so we wnet ahead and broke my water to get things moving. The worst they can do is send you home, but at least you will know how baby is responding to them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• nope its not high risk, i dont want to sit in there for hours if i don't have too. i hope it really is im sick of being pregnant i want to meet my baby! LOL. are contractions always regular??
    letlovegrow

Comment by letlovegrow (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• How long does one last? Can you walk and talk through them? If they are at least a minute and you can not walk or talk through them, go in. If not, I would wait it out.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i'll be 39 weeks on saturday
    letlovegrow

Comment by letlovegrow (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with Courtney.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Could be the early stages of labor.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i can walk and talk i was thinking about going for a walk with the baby to see if things get going or stronger, i wanted to stay at work but my dr said i should go home lol. im so confused i thought braxtion hicks went away after you changed activity...
    letlovegrow

Comment by letlovegrow (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Go for a walk... sounds like early labor ( i was in it for 3 days) once they were 3-5 mins apart and I had my bloody show i went in with my son... I was 6 cms when i got to the hospital
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010