How do i find time for twins to potty train them

I really feel like this potty training is gonna be so hard with twins. i dont no what to do i feel like i have to time to train them.

momoftwins0501

Asked by momoftwins0501 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well is the children ready? Just because you are ready doesnt mean the kids are. And with twins you will notmally have one who is ready and one is will fall behind. How old are the kids? Are they around other kids? Do they want to go to the bathroom?
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• well they are two they turned two in may. And yea i feel that one is more ready then the other she sits on the potty but nothing ever comes out. I just feel like i have no time with two of them. lol
    momoftwins0501

Answer by momoftwins0501 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• potty training can be difficult no matter the age or how many children. just remember to have patience. if they want to be potty trained and are truly ready, it should be easier and since you have two girls, it will be easier yet... or so i have heard. Potty training wont take that much time. explain to them whats going on.. tell them that big girls go on the big girl potty and dont wear diapers. maybe start a reward system to help reinforce their want to use the big girl potty. never yell at them when they have accidents, just remind them that big girls use the big girl potty and if they want to be big girls they need to use it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Hey, Girl!! When I started to potty train Elijah I did a sticker chart and it worked really well!! You can print them off online, just google it!!! Like others said they will let you know when they are ready!! I tried with Elijah and it just didn't work well at all!! I waited a few more months put some underwear on him and he started going!!! I don't like the pull ups only because they know they can go in them!! I only used them when we went somewhere incase we couldn't get to a bathroom fast enough!! When we were home he always wore underwear!! Always make sure you praise them and get real excited about it so they know they are big girls!!! Good Luck!!
    NavyWife1103

Answer by NavyWife1103 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• We are using the sticker reward chart idea too. It seems to be working. The biggest thing that I have found helpful so far is to be consistant. Do the same thing every day and have the same expectations all the time. And if you aren't ready to or don't have the time to put into it yet maybe you should wait. I'm sure the girls will be fine with that and maybe even get to the point where they are telling you they want to go all by themselves. The hardest part for me was trying to start before my daughter was really ready. So, we took a break and waited a few months, now she is doing great!
    mjpX2

Answer by mjpX2 at 4:08 AM on Oct. 8, 2008