The DTP shot

At my babys 2 month shots she got 6 vaccines.When she was awake she could not focus-I would have her facing me and it was as if she were looking right through me-then her eyes would roll back-I would shake her slightly &yell her name & she would come back but then get unfocused again.She was not back to normal for almost a week.She is now 4 months old& she had to go in for her shots again.The dr knows but he said that he still really recomends me getting them.I had him split them up.I am supposed to take her back for the rest sometime this week-he said that the DTP is the one that tends to cause problems. I think she had a seizure& the DTP has been linked to seizures.I am terrified of her getting this again.I want to hear all the varying opinions.I really need help figuring this out.Im still getting her other ones because I dont think they were an issue-its just the DTP. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Check your previous post, I answered on that one! ;)
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my son had seizure when we got his first vaccinations. Now we just get the DT instead of the DTP i've been scared everytime he gets shots but he's a year now and had no more problems.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• U mite try looking @ webmd.com or the american academy or pediatrics 4 more info. Other than that, I'm really not sure bc my children never had any reactions 2 any of their shots. Sorry!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008