Immigration what is the deal?

Immigration laws; My question is why do a lot of people look down at a Hispanic person when most all they want is a better life and to support there family.
Have you ever seen the landscapers or roofers, The once how built home in your neighborhood most are Mexican right because not just anybody would do that job right.
So what I'm trying to say why don't you like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ok, what i'm trying to say is why can't they come into the country LEGALLY???? my husband is from guyana (a 3rd world country in south america). he came here legally and became a citizen legally. what's the big deal about doing things the right way????? i know people from haiti and germany who all came here legally. why is it that just because you're from mexico you should be able to just jump the fence and be exempt from all the rules?????? and btw, my landscaper is from portugal and you guess it.... he came here legally.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• omg princess I would vote you up more if I could! She is RIGHT Op. there is a LEGAL way to get here. And MANY MANY people work REALLY hard to do that. WHY should it be ok for ANYONE to circumvent the system??

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I am not looking down on anyone. I just think that if someone wants to come here, they should follow the laws and do it the right way. That is all!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• People want folks to legally migrate. Unfortunately, for  most people from Latin countries, those #s/quotas have already been filled, so the "legal" avenue is pretty much blocked. The process for legal immigration should be refreshed. It should be a first come, first served for all qualified applicants ( no criminals), and not according to the country of origin.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you can't follow the rules to get into the country why should we believe you will follow them once you are here? If the legal avenues are blocked, wait or go somewhere else. We have a reaidly growing hispanic population in our area and that population includes children who do not speak English. As a result, our elementary schools have cut fine arts funding and add ELL classes and extra teaching assistants for the kids who can't speak English. We are also finding more and more parents can't read the notes that go home, so now all correspondence must be in both English and Spanish and we have hired two more teacher's aids to help in this issue alone. Are all of these people legal? Nope. I hear from kids all the time about how different families are being sent back home. What's sad is they keep putting their kids through this, how can going back & forth be better than staying there in the 1st place?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Because they come here, violate our housing laws, by having 40 of them live in a 1 bedroom, DONT get car insurance or a drivers liscense and send 80% + of our american $$ out of our country. They ignore our laws left and right. They refuse to learn english.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I like all people :) the only way I won't like someone is if they're mean or just a total jacka$s :D
    I don't know when people are illegal because its not like I go around asking. I guess I could just
    Assume but we all know what that makes out of you and me.... Lmao :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 7:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i agree with first
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't like or not like anyone and I think you know that's true about most people. It's a waste of time to talk about this because some people just can't get over that fact. It has to be some kind of hate. there is no country in the world who has open borders. Why should we? As i stated in another question I'm in Tx and I see what many illegals do. Those are the ones we want to keep out. The best way to do it is to CLOSE the borders and make everyone come in through legal channels.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I don't look down on mexican or south American immigrants! I like to get to know people from a different culture, I find it really interesting and also I like to practice my Spanish.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010