Regarding Illegal Immigration-What Have You Done?

In an earlier question many posteres commented about how IIs hurt our country by taking and not contributing.

How many II's do you personally know?
How many of these folks are "Leeching" (borrowed from another poster) off the system?
What have you personally done with this knowledge?
What was the outcome of your actions?
If you haven't done anything but complain, why?

Sisteract

Asked by Sisteract at 8:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel that the border problem does need to be fixed, yet we honestly do not have enough funds to do it, and deporting everyone would cause the U.S. to be father into the red that it is so scary to even think of. What needs to happen is that the illegal immigrant need a path to citizenship Not an Amnesty, a path which would include a thorough background check to be sure the only crime they have commited was crossing the border, not drugs or anything like that. If they pass that and can prove they have tried to live as U.S. citizens paying taxes and such, learn english, ect they will be able to obtain citizenship after paying fines, the fines that are being talked about are around 10,000 each. With that money the U.S. will be able to fix the border problems and provide more patrolers. The ones who do not pass the background checks, will have to go to court and will be deported if it is a serious crime. We all have to compromise
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• How many II's do you personally know? 6+
    How many of these folks are "Leeching" (borrowed from another poster) off the system? 6+
    What have you personally done with this knowledge? fired them
    What was the outcome of your actions? they moved on to get paid under the table at a non corporate restaurant.
    If you haven't done anything but complain, why? I was told by corporate NOT to take any action other than to let them go, or my job was at risk. I didn't really push it at the time, because I wanted to get promoted.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Before I start let me say I have no problem with illegals im just stating facts that I have seen with my own eyes before ppl start jumping on me.....I dont know any personally...in high school i worked at walmart and used to always see illegals spend 500 dollars at a time with their food stamp cards....then the next family behind them does the same thing...then they have wads of cash in their pockets....when i worked at the hospital they would use medicaid cards for their entire family healthcare...
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My manager at walmart said that its none of their business how they get the food stamp cards...but i did find out that they are eligible for food stamps and medicaid...and they get paid under the table so its like the government cant prove that they are working so they beat the system...what upsets me tho is i pay my taxes and the price of healthcare now is outrageous along with food prices...so its kinda upsetting because i feel like someone is riding my coattails while i work hard to live comfortably
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have known a few illegals. NONE of them got services for free, or food stamps, or anything like that. They worked jobs like housecleaning, office cleaning overnights, and cooking and dishwashing in restaurants. They were all pretty poor, and I will repeat NONE of them got any services. I don't even think you can get any services. You have to provide SSN and such.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• And by the way, hell no I did not report them. Jeez.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• So Corp ignored, and you wanted a promotion.....

yep, sure as hell wasn't right. During the workaholic phase, I paid no attention to these things. I didn't vote, either. I had literally drunk the corporate Kool- aid... was working eighty hour weeks. I didn't pay attention to politics, and I really trusted my boss, who said it was no big deal.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yeah i have seen where they can apply for benefits on the application in the state of georgia im not sure about any other state but i have seen it here...
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, I dont like the fact that they are getting these benefits but at the same time i am not complaining as i said in my earlier post....all i can do is vote on the issues that concern me...why am i gonna stress over things that i cannot change alone....its pointless
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Those are the kind of people I'd like to call "neighbor".
    _____________________
    That IS what I called them. :) I only knew they were illegal because one of them was job hunting and told me.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010