Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have pcos and we r trying to get pregnant im on clomid 100mg. i did ovulate this month and we had sex when we were supposed to and now the past couple nights we were having sex it hurt like a cramping feeling and my husband said it felt different during intercourse is this normal could i be pregannt? is this a sign of early pregnancy? i called my dr and they said to wait at least 2 weeks but weve been trying for so long i cant help but get my hopes up.

Answer Question

Asked by cmeredith at 12:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Look at this site as a general guideline for when to try and go get tested.
    I would do a blood test as with what you have been through trying you will want clear answers.
    Set up a blood test when it tells you.
    Blood test is better than a urine test.

    Answer by Baby1114 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • When this happened to me I went to my Dr. and I was diagnosed with Endometriosis.

    Answer by calydu at 8:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • I also used clomid to get pregnant. I had severe cramping and was cysts on my overies. The clomid caused them. They went away on their own but they would come back about every month that I used the clomid. I agree with the lady above who said that blood test are better. I was a nurse in a Dr's office before I quit to stay at home with my little miracle. With a blood test you can get an answer usually within 7-10 days...a urine test usualy takes 14 days. Hope this helps. If your having pain you should go see your OBGYN. That is not normal.

    Answer by DreamComeTrue08 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • I would definitely see your doctor. I wouldn't rely on just a urine test because if you have pain you might have cysts on your ovaries. Not much to worry about it's just that sometimes if you have a cyst on your ovary it can cause a home pregnancy test to read positive even if it's not. So to be sure I'd get checked out with your OBGYN.

    Answer by Eleanor_Rigby at 10:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Trying to Conceive
birth control...

Next question overall (Kids' Health)