Who are some people speaking out against the hate speech from Gingrich & crew?

The "Morning Joe" crew didn't take too kindly to Gingrich's words, and let him know in no uncertain terms. "This is madness," remarked Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida. "There are elements of our party that are marching through the fevered swamps of ideology."

We've put together a highlight reel of Scarborough, along with frequent "Morning Joe" guests Mike Barnicle, Richard Haass, and Pat Buchanan (yes, even Pat Buchanan), sounding off against Gingrich over the course of the past three mornings.

with video
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/18/joe-scarborough-takes-on-_n_686234.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Good for them. Unfortunately, those pieces won't get the repeatitive airtime enjoyed by the fear factory.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The Huffington Post??? Seriously ???

I subscribe to the Huffington Post. I have to brace myself and hold my nose before I wade in to look over what they are reporting about every day. ... In high school we studied the principles of journalism: we practiced identifying emotionally-charged choices of words and phrasing, noticing when a quote was embedded in swathes of the writer's interpretation which compelled the reader toward the writer's intended conclusion. We studied the difference between offering facts with the conclusions - information with some context, and offering conclusions with a light sprinkling of facts - blatant propaganda.

Lots of people, however cannot distinguish between blind sloganeering and thoughtful talk about distinct facets in a situation.

It was not "hate speech". This accusation is levelled in order to silence opinions which threaten the accuser, and is repeated by fuzzy thinkers who are fooled.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Probably because Rupert Murdoch LIED and said he WOULDN'T donate to a PARTY....
    --------
    He donated to the Republican Governors Association. That is not the same as the RNC. Or anything to do with Congress. That is the GOVERNORS of the States, not the Senators, not the Representatives, just the Governors. HUGE difference there, sweet.

And Olsen is right, they DO have the right to build there. No-one is disputing that. But the fact that they have the right doesn't mean it IS right that they do so.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Why is Obama backtracking then.

What about Howard Dean who came out today against the Mosque, what about all the other democrats, sweet?

I guess nobody ever said you was fair and balanced, did they?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• WHAT HATE SPEECH, SPECIFICALLY, DO YOU MEAN???????????????????
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• waldorfmom has been doing her homework!

Smartie!!!!!!!!!

way to go

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Ha! I read that first paragraph and thought they were talking about Democrats! Talk about swamps of ideology.

Anyway, really, I don't think the constitution says anything about building anything anywhere. If it does infer to it we have the government slapping it down all the time. I've read about 2 churches that have been refused in the NY area for whatever reasons are convenient and that's not mentioning the many times the government takes away property that you own and have the right to put anything you want on for whatever they reason they choose. I guess it only pertains when they think it is convenient?
    It does give you the right to practice your religion and no one is preventing this Imam or any Muslim from doing that. In fact with 100 or so Mosques in NY they have plenty of places to practice their religion. 2 issues here are Sensitivity to 9-11 Survivors and families and the Imam himself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• So true Sweetakins.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well she sure does try, doesn't she, Nates?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• hmmm
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2010