What do you give pet dogs or cats to prevent shedding?

t_lawson

Asked by t_lawson at 9:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pets

• all you can do really is comb them real good every day. their hair falls out because it's summertime. sometimes it can fall out from a health problem, but you would have to take them to the vet if you think that's the case. they have special combs that are really good at getting all the undercoat out
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• brush and bath every 2 weeks at the vet's office where I work. They use a force dryer that really helps with the loose hair.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You can't prevent shedding. It is a natural thing that happens when the seasons change. To reduce the fluffy that is left all over your house, you need to brush them regularly.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The is a brush called the furminator. It does a really good job getting the dead fur and the undercoat. It has really made a differance in my house. I have noticed a decrease in the hair and I have 7 pets
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• If the dog is shedding excessively, I would suggest to try changing its diet or adding salmon oil and/or 1-2 raw eggs/week to the diet. Other than that, I agree with brushing a few times a week and bathing every 2 weeks.

CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 10:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Salmon/ Fish oil added to the food. Make sure the food you are feeding them are high quality.. the less quality the more they shed.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• A good brushing everyday
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I brush them every day. That's about all you can do.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• just brushin and keep them clean
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2010