Ideas for a tattoo of your child's name?

I am SOOOO not the type of person to get a tattoo... I went through a little stage in high school where I begged my parents to let me get one, but I'm so glad that I didn't, because it would have been meaningless. Anyway, now I've got this burning urge to get one with my son's name (Gage) or his footprints or something.

My problem is that 1) I have no idea what design to get-- I love the idea of footprints, but I don't really want anything that large, and 2) where to get it? I want it to be in a place that noone would see it unless I purposely showed it to them. It would be something that I would do for me, and my baby, of course, but I wouldn't really want it broadcast to the world. I had kind of thought about getting his name over my heart, but then I thought it would be pretty creepy to get your son's name on your boob... lol.

Suggestions, please?!?!

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 12:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Get his footprint off of his birth certificate. do it in white so that its faint and have his name underneath it. as for where... i have no clue. maybe your shoulder???
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well I am doing 2 things for my daughters. I call them my angels so have this cross that is made up of hearts and that will be the body of the angel each heart will be a different color one my husband me and our 2 girls then the wings of the cross angel will be purple and pink feathers the purple for gg and the pink for mac. I also sing yuare my sun shine to them since day one and I want a sun to rep them as my sun shines.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my sister in law got her daughters name in a teddy bear on her ankle it is really sweet ,an idea would be on your shoulder or your top of your arm so a t shirt would cover it ,my sister Rea she has her sons names with baby feet prints going up her ankle it is really cute too
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I got my kids' footprints ( smaller version) with their names underneath on my right lower back.
    princessTnBabyB

Answer by princessTnBabyB at 1:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have my daughter's footprints from her hospital record tattooed on the top of my foot with her name around my ankle. even low cut socks cover that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have a tatt on my shoulder, it's a great place as far as covering up, easy to show if I want to. plus my shoulder was not painful at all, it tickled! seriously!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My friend (he's a guy) got his son's foot prints with his name under them on his shoulder. They took the little card from the hospital and the tattoo artist copied it and used it...so it's not a huge tattoo. But as for me, if I were to get one I would like to have my children's names around my ankle.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I did the Kanji symbol for mother and then circled it with the state flowers where my children were born since they were all born in different states (USAF). On the back of my neck, when the hair is down or wearing a collared shirt you can't see it.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i have a pentcale on my right arm, and has my sons name under it and when my next one is born their name will be under his, so on and so forth,

i always thought it would be cute to have foot prints around my belly button of all my kids but i am not skinny enough!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• before i knew i was pregnant with jared i got a star done on my shoulder but i was such a baby i just got the outline...now i am going to go back and have it filled in with blue and have his name put around the top and birth date around the bottom...but i love the footprint idea...and yeah shoulder or ankle would be my ideal place for something like that...good luck!!!
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008