Ideas for a tattoo of your child's name, etc. ?? (PIOG)

I am SOOOO not the type of person to get a tattoo... I went through a little stage in high school where I begged my parents to let me get one, but I'm so glad that I didn't, because it would have been meaningless. Anyway, now I've got this burning urge to get one with my son's name (Gage) or his footprints or something.

My problem is that 1) I have no idea what design to get-- I love the idea of footprints, but I don't really want anything that large, and 2) where to get it? I want it to be in a place that noone would see it unless I purposely showed it to them. It would be something that I would do for me, and my baby, of course, but I wouldn't really want it broadcast to the world. I had kind of thought about getting his name over my heart, but then I thought it would be pretty creepy to get your son's name on your boob... lol.

Suggestions, please?!?!

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 12:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe something just below your collar bone? A foot on one side, his name in the middle and another foot on the other side. Or a shooting star, his name in the streams across the top of your breast.
    Mom2Sabrina

Answer by Mom2Sabrina at 12:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• This is probably bigger than you want but I know someone who got her son's hand prints on her upper back, with his name in the middle. I think mostly anywhere that you don't want people to see will feel inappropriate to put your son's name, hip, boob, lower back, etc.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I know a girl that got her babies foot print on her stomach. Symbolizing when he was in the womb. I thought it was a great idea. I want to get my daughters name tattood on me, but I did my own sketch and Im gonna have it put on my arm. I have others. My husband wants her name too and he's getting it over his heart. Just a few ideas. Have fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I can't tell you WHAT to get, but my idea for WHERE, would be on your shoulder blade-(your back.)
    sweetp97024

Answer by sweetp97024 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• well i plan on getting my daughters name, emmalyn, tattooed sometime next to a rose on my shoulder blade. then when i have another kid i plan on putting their name there too. i think the shoulder blade is a good spot.
    genuinely_real

Answer by genuinely_real at 1:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i plan on gettin a tattoo too..but im not gonna get her name, im gonna do her astrological sign on the inside of my wrist...first im gonna do mine..then hers..and then any other kids that i have..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My friend has one of her childrens names around her wrist and another one on the back of her neck. Of course they are pretty, but I would never put a tattoo on the back of my neck! I have 4 children and I am going to do a set of footprints and a set of hand prints and put their names and birthdays inside the prints. I am going to get them on the outside of my legs I think. I really like the post above about the footprint on the belly! I might change where I am going to get it at!!! That is an awesome idea! Let us all know what you decide!!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 1:43 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My first child was born very prematurely and he passed away. I got a tattoo of his name, well it's a rose vine that opens on the outside of my arm, enough space for his name, I wrote his name myself on my left upper arm. Think about it, if you are in a professional setting, you will be wearing a shirt that at least comes to middle of your upper arm. Mine is right above where most sleeves end. If you go on my myspace page, there are plenty of pictures of my tattoo, well me anyway where you can see my tattoo. You can find me through my email address . . BridgetC140hotmail.com. I hope you find the perfect tattoo . . Good Luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• OOps . . I meant that the tattoo is on my upper left arm, and in the sketch, I wrote his name myself . . . it's so hard to describe a drawing while typing . . . lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Bridget, I dont see any pics of tattoos on your myspace
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 2:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2008