My 4 year old has to pee all the time but can't always pee......

My DD has had issues all Summer with irritaion and burning & I took her to the Dr. several times & she never had an UTI. They treated her for yeast and when we went back for a follow-up, she tested positive for a UTI. She is almost through with her meds. but she is going to the potty several times within an hour and she may pee one time & the others she says she can't. The Dr. said that she isn't emptying her bladder or she is doing out of habit. And her urine test showing she no longer has a UTI, it is cleared up. I think maybe there is something else wrong. I called the urologist & they can't see her until Oct. Anybody have any suggestions to what this could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• It still sounds like she has one to me. Maybe it came back since the doctor said she no longer has one? I can't think of anything else that would cause that.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• still sounds like a uti to me. try getting her to drink more fluids esp cranberry juice. the urologist will test for uti and may possibly want a lower gi.
    (not sure if they still do those.) but i know that when i was young i kept having the same problem and they did a lower gi and found that i wasnt empting my bladder all the way and holding it too long.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would have the doctor check for diabetes....frequent need to urinate is one of the symptoms.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 10:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree, UTI - and possibly reflux. Reflux would cause her to have UTI's over and over.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would bring her in to be tested on what is wrong there can be something wrong with her bladder or kidneys. My daughter was having problems with that and they had to catheter her it was scary but it turned out that she was wiping the wrong way and once we taught her to wipe right she did just fine. It was all the medication that I had the most trouble with and she did too.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Somethings not right ask your doctor what else could cause her symptoms. Reflux sounds like a possibility to me and the urologist would be the best one to look into that. Are their any other urologists in your area you might be able to get her into sooner?
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2010