I really liked this guy, he basicly cheated on me and claims he still wants to be friends- So should i delete him from my life or try the friend thing in 6 months?

SO heres the story- I met a guy, he's my bro and sisinlaws best friend. I really liked him, and hes a marine. He asked me out on my bday- so techincally we were an item and he said a whole lot of meaningful things to me. He basicly told my sisinlaw and bro that we were never serious and that i took it the wrong way. Well last week, I asked him what was up cause he hadnt been talking to me as much lately. I recently moved and have been really homesick for him and my family. He told me everything was fine. 2 days later, I see this girls name plastered allover his facebook, about how happy she makes him and hers was the same! I called him up asked what the deal was(they were just friends on that certain day according to my sis) and he said that because I got upset that means I have to much drama and drama = pain. He then decides that he likes her better. A week later they r dating and I've been dumped. I"m heartbroken

jbeale8063

Asked by jbeale8063 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• forget about him
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Leave him. He's just trying to keep you around as a back up in case this new relationship doesn't work out.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would but he's my nieces god father, and odds are I'm gonna have to see him every so often.
    jbeale8063

Comment by jbeale8063 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• He's not into you that way. It is time for you to move on.

Answer by Bmat at 10:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Forget this guy. He won't change for a long long time, and then it will be too late.
    satire

Answer by satire at 10:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• seeing him every so often is alot different than being friends. you don't have to hate him.... just be cordial if you happen to see him, but don't think about him otherwise
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• doesnt matter ties. he doesn't care so move on. if he gets upset then he is drama drama. you take care of you he already made his choice
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Many of us have people we wish we could be closer to but it's just not in the cards. Let him go. If you see him in life then so be it. He's obviously not caught up in the emotional aspect like you are. Time will work this out. Just go look for someone else. Don't dwell on false hopes.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Bah! Forget about him! He's a jerk. You'll find someone better who doesn't treat you so poorly.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 12:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• You deserve way better : )
    Okigurl

Answer by Okigurl at 9:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2010