i have no energy :/

I'm 19 years old and I have absolutely no energy! I can't stand getting out of bed in the morning...I'm falling asleep for the first few hours after I wake up. I just want to lay down, that's all I can think about and then when I go to work...4 hours into my shift I'm ready to go home I'm so tired. I feel like no matter how much I sleep it's not enough.

I'm gonna go see a doc. soon if it doesn't improve but I was just curious to see if anyone had any ideas about what it could be?

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• First of all are you eating right? Doing some type of exercise? Drinking lots and lots of water? If you say No to these answer you just might want to start there GL you are too young to be going through this.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The more exercise you get, the more energy you will have. You don't even need to go running, just start with some air punches for 5 minutes...it wakes me right up at work and I don't have to get up or get sweaty.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i have the same problem except i dont work so im at home all the time and most times i dont even have the energy to play with the kids i can sleep 8 hours or more and still tired .... i noticed if i take my deprestion meds at the same time everyday and dont miss one im not as bad i have a lil more energy but not as much as id like to have if u find any more info please let me know
    Tinkerbell80

Answer by Tinkerbell80 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The only time I've ever been that tired was while being pregnant or anemic. If you're anemic you can fix it with an iron supplement
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• have them check your thyroid. do you have dry hair and skin? brittle nails? kinda feel a bit depressed? those are some of the symptoms but i would get your iron levels and your throid checked out. if they do a thyroid check make sure its t3, t4, and tsh levels they all contribute differently as to which med and what dose to be put on and gives a bit more insite into getting your levels normal. i have hypothyroid and i feel that way all the time and it took a long time to get my levels right. many times my levels were off the charts which meant my thyroid wasnt producing anything. so talk about that to the doc. and dont leave out any other symptoms you are having.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If your dr doesn't find a specific cause then try vitamin B12 (1000 mcg).  Vitamin B12 promotes the development of red blood cells which carry oxygen around your body which gives you more energy.

I was feeling very fatigued all the time and a blood test showed my B12 levels were low so my dr recommended I take B12 and it has made a big difference in the way I feel.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2010