If you put paper work in to assume a mortgage, how long does it usually take to hear back???

We put paper work into to assume my dads mortgage on August 5th. How long does it take and is it normally shorter time to actually assume, than if you go buy a house?? I just want some advice. Any advice is helpful. thank you

twokids0407

Asked by twokids0407 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• I don't know if this is the same thing, but when i went to re-finance, it took months because the bank and title company and appraisers were all backlogged.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ha!!! Dealing with banks....there is NO way of knowing...depends on what bank too. They are so overloaded with short sales and foreclosures right now, Im pretty sure yours isn't high on the list.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2010