Do you know any or are you a Farmville addict?

My MIL is constantly playing it. I'm beginning to wonder if it may be interfering with any life she may have outside of the game. I'm not that familiar with it. Is it time consuming? Can you just have it on in the background but not get that involved? To give you an idea, on an average day, her Facebook page updates about 20 things she did on it. Thanks!

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 10:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i was but cut way back...but know ppl who are over the top
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• What do you mean by over the top? Is it something where if you want to, you can sit there and stare at the screen all day? Is it that involved? What do you think of people who are addicts? What do they get out of it? I mean, it's not real. You could stop playing tomorrow and nobody would care.
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I hate it I hate it I hate it!! and if one more person sends me gifts I will un friend them
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• over the top is getting up at 2am to harvest ur crops so they don't wither...over the top is creating multiple FB profiles to send urself gifts and build...yes...i could sit there for hours and hours working on my two farms...my computer crashed and i was quickly over the addiction...now i plant and harvest every 4 days and only 1 farm.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• lol....farmville is fun to a certain point.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• oh and on the nobody would care part? the neighbors you have in FV that need gifts to advance in the game would care. and as far as the addiction side...some ppl sit on cafe mom all day answering/asking questions, some watch tv all day, and some choose to have a virtual internet farm...and it's virtually harmless.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• There is a way to hide the farmville postings if they bother you.... She is at home on her computer - would you rather see her out in a casino? in a bar or paying to subscribe to club pogo or world of warcraft ? It is a hobby for some (for me as well) a creative outlet - You can go by and not play for days or you can be serious about it and have to play every 2 hours.... but please dont be judgemental .... specially when there are worse things out there she could be doing !
    You cant just judge someone on how they post to their page - if you go to my profile you will see alot of farmville postings to collect from but that doesnt mean I am not messaging, posting to my groups, crafting, cooking , cleaning, and doing the mommy thing .... It actually has been a saver for me and kept me on the straight and narrow - I do not even want to imagine what I could or would be blowing money on if I werent at home with and for the kids:)
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 10:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010