My daughter has a huge head.

Ok, so you know how the peds measure your kids on a 100% scale where 50% is average? Ok, my daughter went in for her 6 month check up and she was 91% weight, 87 % height and over 100% for head diameter. They scheduled a CT scan for her and it came back saying there was a small amount of fluid around the brain but the doc said that that could be normal and should take care of itself but she and the ct scan doc are both worried about how large her head has gotten in the past 6 months (she had the cutest, tiniest perfect head ever when born) and they're worried at how big her soft still is, so they scheduled an MRI for this Friday. Any other moms been through this? What were the results? Religious mothers, please pray that my baby is ok! And please bump this so I can as many answers as possible!

an-apple-a-day

Asked by an-apple-a-day at 10:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does anyone in your family have a big head? Hoping it turns out to just be genetics.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• She is in my prayers.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wish I had an answer for you, I will be thinking of you both... BUMP
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• thank you for the bump!
    an-apple-a-day

Comment by an-apple-a-day (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My son went into the 100% range when he was a few months old. We had to go in for monthly measurements, sometimes even a couple weeks apart because it was growing so much. The doctor talked about testing him but she just decided to watch it for a few months. Around a 10 to 12 months he finally stopped growing so much in the head area. He is two now, still bigger than most his age but it has slowed growing so much and the doctor isn't worried about it any more. We have had to go through a lot of testing and therapy for other reasons. It's never easy to see your little one go through so much. I hope everything goes smoothly and comes back okay Friday.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'm praying for you all!<3
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My sister in law had the same problem with her daughter. It did resolve itself. Her head is still huge, but theres nothing wrong with her, and the water left. Your baby will be in my prayers :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• God Bless you & the family
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010