children seeing you naked adult content

Ok so how do you feel about your kids seeing you naked. I took a bath with my three yr old son until seven months ago. Mainly because I was pregnant and sometimes it was just easier. He still may see me sometimes but I'm making it a habit to kick him out the room now if i'm changing. My husband hates it. I really thought it was normal for boys to see mama in her underware at least. Now daddys on the other hand I think girls should never see daddy. But my son getting to where if my breast is the least bit showing (other than me breast feeding ) he goes mom mom and points for me to fix my clothes. sometimes he even says nasty mama lol so.

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 10:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• my kids see me naked all the time. They are almost 3 and 1
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My kids are 5 and 7, they both see us both naked. We are trying to start privacy for the differnet sexes, but we aren't trying very hard.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Gosh, I had both girls, but we still run around naked!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• At bedtime, my DD (3) says, "mom time to take of your clothes for bed" She tells SO that too...( he sleeps in his boxers). Nudity isn't a big deal to us. Now I don't go all spread eagle on her or anything but we are not ashamed of the body.

So's son, on the other hand is 11 and at that age when nudity starts to become something more than just body parts. I cover up around him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• if my son who's 5 sees me, it's cause it was an accident. Me and dh are naked all the time around our 2 yr old dd but will stop once she's 3, that's when experts say they will remember later on what they've seen
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My kids were just peeking at me in the shower not 10 mins ago... I wouldn't ever shower or bath with them, but mostly because I'm selfish and love my shower time... Funny thing is, we have two boys, and my DH is the one that won't let them see him naked - he won't even let them see him in his undies...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't walk around naked, but I do still get dressed in front of my three year old. Although this morning he told me to put my shirt back on when I had taken it off, lol. I guess I'll start making sure he's out of the room from now on. I thinking about starting to do that anyways.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my son is 15 months... i take a shower with him almost everyday. i still see my mom naked and im 23.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When my kids were little, they saw us naked, and they saw each other naked, in fact they even took baths together. (They're opposite sex, but there's only 15 months between them.)

We didn't make a point of trying to have them see us naked or anything, but if they ran in the room while we were changing, etc, it wasn't a big deal.

As they started to get older we taught them about respecting people's privacy, etc. Now, they're teens and we are all comfortable with our bodies, but we also respect privacy, and we don't see / get seen by our opposite sex kid naked, and except for like locker rooms and stuff we don't change in front of the same sex kids, either.

Now, if say, someone thought they were home alone, came out of the bath in a towel, and someone saw them in the towel, it's like "OH, my EYES - I've been scarred for life" - all as a big joke.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My children are still young ( 2&1yr) but they don't often see us naked. We usually have at least underwear on. I haven't really thought about it much.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010