why do ppl ask are they twins? no i had 2 babies the same age that look alike 2 years apart!

amymacntwins

Asked by amymacntwins at 10:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• I get the same. My daughter is almost 3 and my son just turned 1. They are 20 months apart and people ask me that all the time because my 1 yr old is almost the size of a 2 yr old. He is 3 inches and 5 pounds shy of his big sister
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Because so many people have kids close in age these days and there are plenty that do look like they could be twins but arent- and it seems to be popular for those people to dress their kids that are 10mths apart alike- since twins can be different sizes..

As a mother to twins the question does annoy me because once you say yes they are twins a lot of people feel the need to inform you of their family history on their multiples and your stuck there for 5minutes or more when all you want to do is finish your shopping...
    mommyto4rugrats

Answer by mommyto4rugrats at 10:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Hell, I use to get that with my STEP sister when we were teens!! Im like, we arent even blood sisters!! And we were about 2years apart. But I dont get that with my older two...they look different, but the same at the same time...
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• lol
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 10:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yup they did it to my daughters too

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have a nephew that is 3 days younger than my adopted son of a different race, when they were younger people would ask if they were twins. One day my mom replied why yes they are, they were born 3 days apart and have different fathers and mothers, that shut them up.
    noraa21

Answer by noraa21 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• People are just being nice, making conversation. "Are they twins?" is a good icebreaker.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010