is it time to leave??

My husband and I have a 12 week old DD.
He is religiously obsessed spending 10+ hours daily on study and prayer.
He doesn't parent our child. He calls it baby sitting if he watches her while I shower.
He spends all of his time praying and refuses to cut back and help with DD.
I did not take maternity leave. I take DD to work with me. I work 55+ hours per week.
I feel like he doesn't want us and I should just leave.
I think he has chosen his fucked up idea of religion over us. Is he too crazy to stay married to??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• well was he like this beore you married him and before you had a baby?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• *before
    mommy_of_two388

• have a talk with hima nd let him know how you feel then give him an ultimatum, religion in moderation, he sounds obsessed on religion and that's not good either.
    Maheli

Answer by Maheli at 11:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• sounds like he got sucked in and is brainwashed now. i know i couldn't handle it. i would be happier on my own if that is something i had to deal with.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honey I think you already know the answer to this... yes, it's time to leave. Obviously you don't share the same religous views as he does, and he's taking it to extremes - and you didn't even get maternity leave! :( Sorry you had to go through that.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It sounds like, for all intents and purposes, you're already a single mom. Why not give yourself the best chance at finding happiness with someone who will love and respect you and your daughter by getting out of your current relationship now?

I'm so sorry you're going through this. First and foremost, you really do need to sit down and talk to him. If he won't take the time to do that then write a clearly written letter and slip it into his Bible or whichever study book he's reading at the time. Everything in moderation, even religion. And this is all from a girl who grew up attending church activities at least 3 days a week, went to a Christian university and still attends church regularily.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well you did marry him so it may be time to tell him how you feel. He may be crazy and need you to help him get straight or help or whatever but you did marry him with vows that probably included this sort of malarky, so try to help him. However, if he is sane and doesn't hear you out he may not be worth it. Praying maniacally does not change diapers or cook dinner.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I just want to know why you married him in the first place?
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 1:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes. Not a single question there. Get out.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• YES
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2010