What should I do to get my four year old to eat?

She only wants to drink everything in sight. It is a struggle to get her tp eat and she is starting school early this year.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try not giving her so much to drink. That can fill a kid up! My dd will drink drink drink and wouldn't eat. Finally I stopped giving her drinks an hour before a meal and she started eating more. I make it a game, she's into tinkerbell and we talk about foods that make tinkerbell fly etc and she's more willing to eat it if it makes Tink stronger. LOL. Plus when she goes to school, you'll see, she'll eat more with her friends.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• well she has got to be eating something, right? what does she eat when she does eat? Will she drink a smoothie? I blend fruit and spinach and a little rice milk together for my almost four-year-old and he loves it!! You can't taste the spinach at all and he gets a serving of fruit and green veggie every day.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 11:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have tried to monitor her drinking however she goes into the fridge and gets what she wants when I am not looking. Should I get a lock on the fridge? I mean at least she likes to drink milk. What dose she eat..... crap food and I dont give it to her she gets it on her own or my mother gives it to her when she is around. My daughter likes to eat veg's. but lately she is loosing her desire for them as well. She used to eat till me and her father split up. I don't know what he is doing with her there cause he wont talk to me. I have tried but he is just so immature.
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Have you tried only having good food in the house? My three year old will help herself to grapes and yogurt but anything we don't want her to eat we keep way out of her reach. If she likes milk she will probably like yogurt too. Or you could make her healthy smoothies with yogurt, fruits and veggies.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 2:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2010