I feel guilty. Am I doing the right thing or should I change the way Im doing things.

I've recently went back to school to get my RN. I have a 2yo daughter and I can get no school work done when shes up. Recently, I've been taking her to my parents house and letting them keep her overnight, so I have evenings and nights to get school work done and Im feeling guilty about it. Ive always been with her, since she was born and now all of the sudden, Im not and before I started taking her down there, I wasnt making the grade and I have to maintain a specific average. I do make time for her and Im not neglecting her, but I feel like maybe she thinks I dont love her, but i dont know what else to do. Am I just being paranoid and have seperation anxiety or should I try to change something. Oh and her attitude has been fine, just a lil spoiled from time with grandparents. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have a cousin who is currently going through school for the same thing as you. She has a 4 year old and is having a hard time getting her school stuff done too. She had a job(as a LPN) at our local hospital and had to quit to be able to focus on school. She lives with her mom and step-dad and they help her out a lot by watching her kid and her dad helps her out financially until she finishes school. I think you are just being the normal paranoid parent. You are doing right by her. You are only trying to better your life and hers. She is a little to young to completely understand what is going on anyways. I say continue on the path you are on and if you need the help to get you through school then I say take it. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Lighten up and know that it isn't for ever. I went to nursing school years ago. Now mind you my kids were older but when my grades started to fall because I was trying to keep up with everything , I had to change something. I taught my kids how to do laundry, cook dinners, help each other with homework, etc. The kids did fine. I did fine. The husband wasn't so fine--He's also no longer my husband. He thought it was outragious that I "made" the kids do my work. They are now on their own and not afraid to do a little extra to help their spouse or anyone for that matter. They new my time was theirs when I had it to give.
    mom-n-grandma-4

Answer by mom-n-grandma-4 at 5:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think you're fine. Finish your schooling. DD won't even remember it and her grandparents will have a good time with her.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008