Do you think everyone would be up in arms about the Mosque near Ground Zero if...

It was a Church and not a Mosque?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. Not one bit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No only because it was not Christians that did this , it was muslims in the name of Allah. I am not saying all muslims believe that but it is a little disrespectful to choose that spot.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• probably
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, I don't think it would as controversial an issue if it was a church as opposed to a mosque. But there would still be some people who would object. Regardless of any situation, there will always be people who will be unhappy about any particular thing you put in front of them. Unfortunately, you can't always please everybody.
    bellaitaliapicz

Answer by bellaitaliapicz at 11:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We wouldn't have heard about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I personally don't understand what the big deal is. Maybe I am missing the idea of what is so bad about building a mosque.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• All of the attackers were Muslims. It's just disrespectful to build a mosque at the site where thousands of people were murdered in the name of Islam.
    Gramma2Five

Answer by Gramma2Five at 11:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't understand the issue either. A place of worship is a place of worship... Period. It doesn't make any difference to me where they put up a Mosque, Church or any other building... This idea that Muslims attacked the towers so a Mosque doesn't belong here makes about as much sense as refusing to allow a Church to be built in Ok. City... Being Muslim, wasn't the motivation behind the attacks, and the Islamic religion as a whole didn't and doesn't support the actions of those terrorists any more than the Christian religion supports terror attacks like the OK Bombing...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Of course they wouldn't be upset. And I don't understand the logic. So if the bombers had been Christian then there should be no Christian churches built around there? That is some very bizarre logic in my opinion.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010