i have a big thought how many c sections can u have?

ive had 2 c sections im not sure how many children u can have when u have them

mrst33jay

Asked by mrst33jay at 11:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of people having 4
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My one friend has had 5, she has 6 kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think it depends on where you live sometimes. I have a friend in Canada who told me she can only have 3 to 4 I believe. Here is a link I found http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/how-many-c-sections-can-you-have
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• it's pretty typical to have a C section after you've already had one...It's safer in my opinion that a VBAC...i KNOW some people will disagree with that...and you're entitled to your own opinion, but I would rather not risk bleeding to death. CSections are done very routinely now and very safe.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I heard of one woman having I think 6? I mean, if you get pregnant again, what are they going to do? They can't really refuse to do the section. I'm going to be having my third in December, but that's my last; I'm getting a tubal. My last doctor really didn't think I should have another, but that was because my uterus scarred really bad. This baby was a surprise.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• My mom had 3 and the doctor told here it was too dangerous to have another one. She only wanted 3 kids anyhow!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I have a friend who just had her 7th c-section and the Dr. told her that she is good to go for number 8. She is a Csection advocate to make sure that women know they can still have children after 2 or 3 csections. A lot of times Dr's will just tell you that.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I've only had one so far...but I'm guessing it mainly just depends on the person and how healthy they are and all that.
    Angyll24

Answer by Angyll24 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I haven't had any.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It depends on you, your body, your OB. Some women can have 7 + c-sections and be fine. Others are damaged during their 2nd and can no longer have children.
    If you want, you still have the option of having a VBAC, even after 2 c-sections.
    You might want to look into it.
    Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2010