Do you know your mailman?

lol,,had to post it as some kind of question. Im a letter carrier and today I was stuck on a dead end street with this huge dog coming at me. He would come toward me and then back off. Its over 100 degrees people, keep an eye on our old friend Fido. Im actually doing this for a fellow carrier who was attacked by a Pit bull today. He had blood all over his uniform and his arm in this surgical thing when he got back to the office from the drs tonight. Just a reminder to make sure those gates and doors are closed so Fido cant get out. thanks ladies,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not so much... i used to know who he was but i am terrible with names... it is someone new now and i dunno them. we keep our dogs fenced in for sure. poor guy! I know i got nearly attacked while riding my bike to work when i was pregnant with my first.... I am not a fan of dogs.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• no I don't never have anywhere I've lived
    LadyJane0709

Answer by LadyJane0709 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I always keep my dogs in the yard, and what also helps is he carries dog treats and gives them to the dogs, so they dont even bark at him, lol. I dont know him by name, but I have spoken to him on many occasions.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I do. He lives the street below me. I even know his wife and kids. But dogs aren't really a big issue for him, since he never gets out of his truck... If he can't drive up to your mail box and reach it without having to open his door - you don't get your mail.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Both of my inlaws are mail carriers and man do they know the people on their routes! They get all kinds of cool stuff for holidays and Christmas, they know the people on the routes lives and families and business. LOL It cracks me up. Sorry about the dog though :-(
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• scary! hope he heals.

(our postal delivery person changes frequently. Like we are one some overflow street-- whoever wants an extra street that week gets us...LOL)
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't know mine's name but it is a woman. I have a pug and boston terrier and my letter carrier loves them she gave them dog treats.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, he is really nice looking lol. He knows our dog won't bite.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't have a dog but we've had the same mailman for nearly 6 years. Yes I know him. He's a pretty great guy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• No, I don't know my mail carrier...it seems to be someone different regularly. My dogs are always fenced up though, so the mail carrier is safe here! :)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010