do you shop at consignment shops?

and if so is it really cheap and whats the difference between that and thrift stores

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• I love them. Here they tend to be more expensive than thrift shops because the stuff is better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Consignments are a tad more expensive but the stuff is 10 times nicer. I actually shop both a lot. The thrift stores are best for old finds and things other than clothes. Consignments are for the nicer newer looking clothes.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No I just go to thrift because they are cheaper
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• nope
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah I do when I am looking for men's dress shirts to make quilts out of. They are not cheap.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• never been to one I just hit the thrift stores!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Yes. Consignment shop usually have more of a name brand clothing selection are are more expensive. The only thrift stores that we have in our area are operated by charity organizations. The consignment shops in our area are typically very nice and only carry items that are in excellent or like new condition.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Consigment shops sell alot of name brand things. & most cost a few dollars more.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• if your on budget the best way is to find clothes that fits our budget by the time you pay for heat ,hydro, rent ,telephone , and food there not much for any thing else so yes i do thrift shops
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thrift stores usually sell merchandise that has been donated and consignment stores consign the merchandise that customers bring in. Customers make a portion of the sale. (I think). Anyway, I love all consignment, thrift, second hand, antique, junk stores!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010