Maternity Pictures

At what month did you have your maternity pictures taken and at what studio? I used Sears with my lasy pregnancy and was not so impressed. I'm thinking of using a private photographer this time, hoping I will get some really unique pictures and not the same typical poses. Any suggestions? Post some of your pictures if you have taken yours already. Thanks!

Janae213

Asked by Janae213 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used Sears with my 2nd pregnancy and I hated it. The bitch of a lady who took them kept saying she couldn't think of good poses because my husband wasn't there. I didn't have a husband then and my baby daddy had left, so her saying that was really hurtful. On top of that, they were overpriced and took too long to come back.

With my last pregnancy, I knew I was getting married while pregnant so I use my wedding pictures as maternity ones.

I suggest the private photographer like you are thinking. It may be most costly but you'll get one on one attention, tons of unique ideas for poses and maybe get the pics back in a timely manner. GL and have fun.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I never had maternity pictures taken with any of my pregnancies.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree, Thanks! I'm in same boat... Divorced and I am pregnant so no father in the picture. I don't want that drama. Thanks for the tip.
    Janae213

Comment by Janae213 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i never did
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I went to the park and had a friend take some. I love them! I just went walking and we stopped in diffrent spots to take pictures. I have some with me sitting next to a tree with my arms around my belly, I have some with my dog, and many others. I wish I had some on my computer so I could show you but I don't I'm sorry.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I agree with Juggalette! My friend has already said she wanted to take pics of me towards the end. She is not a professional, but takes amazing pics.
    CoachyMom

Answer by CoachyMom at 11:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I think I will try out the park thing first and go from there. Have a great day!
    Janae213

Comment by Janae213 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2010