Playdate for 7 year old

I live in Rochester MN. I am a stay-at-home mom. I was hoping to find other families to set up a play-date for my 7 year old daughter. Here's the thing. My husband and I are a team. We raise our one and only together and we take her on play-dates together. Mom's that have issues with the Dad being present doesn't make sense to me. Is there a group or something I can become a member of so my little girl can have some socialization time?

rivmom

Asked by rivmom at 12:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• OMG hun I am looking for the same thing, only in southern California, my Husband and I are a team as well and do things together, I really wish I lived in MN I can see us becoming good friends lol, just wish my son was older!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I don't get why people have a problem with dads. My husband and I do as much as we can together with our kids. He works odd hours, so of course, there are things he misses. But I would seriously take offense to people telling me he couldn't go to a playdate just because he's a man. I'd so be ok with it...but I live in the south...so too far away. Good luck!
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I wish I was in your area sweetie!!! Me and my SO take our daughter out with her friends all the time. I hate that it's hard to find other couples to do things like that with. Hey are there any couples in the Kenner, LA area on here? lol
    Shulizboo

Answer by Shulizboo at 1:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• how far away from baudette are you? we are moving there in june. were in va right now. my husband and i also do almost everything together unless hes out of town.
    vamama20

Answer by vamama20 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• We are about a seven hour drive away from baudette. Thanks ;-)
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 2:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2008