Almost two weeks postpartum and I just looked at my vagina.. it is about the size of a sand dollar and there is something laying right on the inside of the opening? adult content

I know this sounds disgusting... but there is some sort of red fleshy, almost bulbous thing sitting right on the inside of my vagina... I'm afraid to touch it, but I was separating the lips to get a better look and I noticed an earthy smell and I found a side to the thing sitting in there. What the heck is this???? Also, whenever I lay down to sleep and go to move, there is a severely sharp pain in my abdomen. Has anyone had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds something like me after baby #2. In my case, my bladder fell. (Heavy babies did it!) It wasn't painful, though. So, Make sure you contact your doctor as soon as you can. Good luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 11:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• MOMMY YOU JUST HAD A BABY! lol call you OB to make yourseklf feel better and for heavens sake stop looking until at least 6 weeks. your vagina just did a lot of work, let her heal. (congrats btw )
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Let your doctor know
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• It could be "vaginal hemrroids" I had them when I delivered my son 9yrs ago and they are still there. My doc checks them every year, but really there is nothing they can do,and they don't hurt, they just make me selfconscience
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Call the Doctor or go to the ER. Sounds stupid but because you are a new mother, you should get fast tracked, & will be helped & have your mind at ease
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:15 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• And I like how I can't answer anon..... hahaha Oh well.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Did you have an episiotomy or tear and have stitches?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• oh no is it from stitches??? I would call the doctor and ask to speak directly to the doctor who delivered or ur ob.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Doctor immediatly!!! I had hemmroids bad during pregnancy but never there...maybe stitches are infected if epesiotomy?
    melissaaytes

Answer by melissaaytes at 12:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• OP here..... Whatever it is is quite large...it is bigger than the opening of my vagina which is large.. Also I did have immediate hemorrhaging after the placenta came out. Plus stitches.
    bluelady27